Good sexual health is important for everyone. This includes having the sex you want, how you want, with who you want, when you want. Pleasure is a vital part of this. Good sex is important! Looking after your sexual health is also important. You can find out more about sexually transmitted infections, how to prevent them, how to get tested, and how they can be treated or managed, at these sites:
For some women, contraception can also be an important part of sexual health. To find out more about your options, including a tool to help you figure out what is right for you, visit:
The FPA also information and advice about abortion, and about conception.
Facts and figures – HIV and women
- In 2016, there were 36.7 million people living with HIV globally
- 17.8 million of these were women (15+ years)
- In the UK, there are 31,600 women living with HIV, 31% of the total.
- 1226 women were diagnosed with HIV in 2016 in the UK, 24% of all diagnoses.
- 47% of women were diagnosed late, which means greater risks to their health.